Life in Christ…Life in the womb
Sanctity of Life Ministries (SLM) exists to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and affirm life in the womb. We fulfill our mission by offering compassionate support, education and medical services to those who face challenging sexual health decisions. Our driving motivation is to present “Life in Christ…Life in the Womb” to the many women who come through our doors.
SLM consists of the Nova Pregnancy Help Centers of Alexandria and Fairfax, which are equipped with the latest ultrasound technology and provide excellent medical care with a compassionate heart.
SLM was founded in 1983 in Fairfax city and expanded to Alexandria in 2002. Each year, SLM provides God’s love in word and deed to over 700 women through the hands of SLM staff and volunteers. Read a detailed history of Sanctity of Life Ministries here.
If you are interested in volunteering at SLM, we would love to meet you! Partner with us to reach even more women and families! Be a part of what God is doing to help women and unborn children throughout northern VA!
We Are Hiring!
Executive Assistant to CEO and Event Coordinator Position:
This person will be responsible for planning and implementing church and donor focused relations and communications, for assisting in executing all SLM major fundraising events, and assisting the CEO with donor development and ministry outreach. This person will also help to maintain relationships with churches and in growing the ministry’s financial and community support.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and has outstanding follow through
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Event planning experience preferred
- High competency with Microsoft Office and able to learn client and donor software, Constant Contact, and social media
- Strong people skills and outgoing personality
- Degree in business, communications, event planning or has related work experience
- Experience in project management, communications (writing), development, or public speaking (Marketing is a plus).
This is a 32 hour per week position; Monday through Thursday 9-5. Generous vacation and holiday pay included. No medical benefits provided. Send resume, cover letter and 1 page personal testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-278-5433.